1932A – Abdominal Surgery (March 2024)
6th and 7th March 2024, Studley, Warwickshire
Only 2 Places Left
“Comprehensive and extremely practical tour of abdominal surgery. Lots of new skills and tips to take back to practice. Excellent venue and practical teaching.”
Exploratory laparotomy is an essential procedure that you need to be confident about performing in your practice. This highly practical hands-on course will equip you with the knowledge and skills that you need for successful surgery and optimal outcomes.
You’ll learn key practical skills in extensive hands-on wet lab sessions. Your friendly and approachable expert tutor will guide you through the procedures so that you will feel confident to tackle these surgeries when you get back to your practice. Get all the help you need in this fully guaranteed practical attendance course.
What you’ll learn:
- Stomach: gastrotomy, gastrectomy, GDV, gastropexy techniques
- Small intestine: biopsy, enterotomy, enterectomy
- Large intestine: subtotal colectomy, colopexy
- Pancreas: biopsy, mass resection
- Liver: biopsy, liver lobectomy
- Biliary system: biliary duct obstruction, cholecystectomy
- Spleen: splenectomy
- Urinary system: nephrectomy, cystotomy, partial cystectomy
- What to do when the unexpected happens – how to minimise and deal with complications
- Extensive practical sessions with direct help and guidance to develop your skills and confidence
Course Tutor : Lee Meakin MA MRes PhD VetMB DipECVS MRCVS
Some Course Feedback:
“Great course! Extremely helpful tutors and loved how practical the course was. Very well set out day, lots of experience gained, good notes and lectures.”
“Very practical, definitely has boosted my surgical confidence. Very practical and good tips and tricks for cases that do present in day to day practice.”
“Great course with lots of practical time and opportunity to practice and ask questions, exactly what I needed. Always enjoyable and satisfying courses.”
“Very positive. This course really helped me feel that many of these surgeries were achievable following my practice on this course. The speakers were very helpful. I felt Lee helpfully focused on a good approach to these surgeries in real-life situations. Very high-quality training and resources.”
Call us now on 0151 328 0444 to reserve your place!