MS064 – Dentistry for Veterinary Nurses Mini Series
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
- Join Dr Alex Smithson BVM&S MRCVS BDS(Hons) for three 2-hour sessions
- Comprehensive notes to download
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- 12 Months access to recorded sessions
- Superb value for money – learn without traffic jams or rota hassles
What’s Normal and What’s Not: Assessing Dental Cases
Session 1 ensures a thorough introduction to veterinary dentistry. A good understanding of oral and dental anatomy forms the basis upon which knowledge of disease and treatments is then built upon throughout each lecture.
- Dental and oral anatomy
- Relevance to treatment and disease
- Performing a thorough oral and dental examination in practice
- Identifying health and normality accurately
- Dental trauma
- Dental diseases in the dog
- Dental diseases in the cat
- Bite assessment and abnormalities
- Disease related to oral soft tissues
Periodontal Disease: the Hidden Epidemic in Your Practice
The second session focuses on periodontal disease. This is the most common disease seen in any of our patients – all patients require preventive care and the majority already suffer disease to some degree. It is essential to fully understand periodontal disease, recognise the different forms and to be aware of how to approach these cases for success.
- What is periodontal disease?
- Gingivitis – what is it and why?
- Periodontitis – how does this occur and how does it differ from gingivitis
- Severity assessment
- Local effects and distant disease
- What’s painful?
- Preventing gingivitis and periodontitis
- Effective treatment of periodontal disease
- Treatment options for different cases
- Monitor of periodontal disease cases
- What works and what doesn’t
- VN clinics
Advancing the Service and Improving Care
The final session of the series enables you to consider treatment options and more advanced techniques for patients. It consolidates the knowledge from session 1 and 2 to enable a thorough and holistic approach to immediate and long-term care of patients.
- Equipment choice, care and considerations
- Intra-oral radiography – role, benefits, equipment and technique introduction
- Treatment techniques – treatment options available
- Advanced equipment and techniques – restorations, root canal therapy etc
- Set-up for dentistry cases
- Differing patient needs, care and set-up
- Analgesia and comfort of the patient – multimodal approaches
- Local analgesia
- Support and monitor of patients with oral and dental disease
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
Overseas customers will be charged VAT. However we will refund the VAT to you within 3 working days.
Course Feedback :
“The content in this course will help me to be able to look for the right pathology when doing dental examinations and better explaining to clients what is happening!”
“Easy to use great course notes, good speaker. I will try to integrate things that have been suggested into practice so the nurse team can do more”
“Would highly recommend this course and believe it would be beneficial to anyone involved with dentistry. Highlights how much room we have for improvement and problems that can arise due to lack of knowledge.”
If you would prefer to reserve your place for 7 days whilst you arrange payment or check your commitments then click here