MS086S – Everything You Need to Know about Cancer Management Mini Series
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
- Join RCVS and European Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Oncology Gerry Polton for three 2-hour sessions
- Essential practical tips from our expert tutor
- Comprehensive notes to download
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- 12 Months access to recorded sessions
- Superb value for money – learn without traffic jams or rota hassles
- Watch the recordings on your iPad
- This Mini Series was originally broadcast in May 2015
Everything You Need to Know about…..Canine Lymphoma
Lymphoma does not represent a single diagnosis; instead it should be regarded as a term that describes a collection of really quite disparate neoplastic entities that are connected by one single thing – malignant transformation in a lymphocyte. In this session we present you with examples of the wide variety of manifestations of canine lymphoma, the importance of understanding the different lymphoma subtypes for management and prognosis and finally, how to best treat canine lymphoma in practice.
- Lymphoma is not a single entity!
- The range of clinical manifestations of lymphoma
- The range of diagnostic tools available for diagnosing lymphoma
- To be comfortable making practical management decisions for canine lymphoma in the 21st century
Everything You Need to Know about…..Canine Mast Cell Tumours
Cutaneous mast cell tumours are common in domestic dogs. Diagnosis is straightforward in most cases using fine needle aspirate biopsy. However, a diagnosis alone does not provide sufficient information to make informed decisions about therapy. There are many further prognostic tools available, some are old and well-established, others are new and perhaps best described as potentially useful. Furthermore, in the last seven years, the veterinary field has enjoyed the arrival of a totally new drug class, the tyrosine kinase inhibitors, licensed for use in canine mast cell tumours. In this session we provide the basis of a structured approach to canine mast cell tumour management, taking into consideration new diagnostic and prognostic tools and this new therapeutic paradigm.
- Recognise that mast cell tumours exist on a spectrum of severity
- Understand the range of new diagnostic and prognostic tests available for canine mast cell tumours
- Understand the mode of action of the new drug class the tyrosine kinase inhibitors
- Understand the options for management for canine cutaneous mast cell tumours
Everything You Need to Know about…..Cancer Management in Cats
Cats develop very different cancer problems from dogs, yet they are rarely the focus of continuing education sessions. In this session we will consider the most common cancer presentations in cats: lymphoma, oral squamous cell carcinoma, mammary neoplasia and high-grade soft tissue sarcoma.
Rational management strategies will be presented for each of these including tips to avoid the most troublesome complications.
- Understand the most common presentations of feline lymphoma
- Understand how to make treatment decisions in feline lymphoma
- Recognise and diagnose oral squamous cell carcinoma
- Understand the options for management of feline mammary neoplasia
- Understand the risks and complications associated with high-grade, in particular injection-site, sarcoma
“Generally very good and thorough overview. Provided a clear understanding about the different types of lymphoma and the need for differentiation to determine options for treatment and prognosis”
“I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice”
“Practical advice. Now have better knowledge about management of patients, from diagnosis to treatment and prognosis”
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
*overseas customers will not be charged VAT