MS103 – Essential Radiography for Veterinary Nurses Mini Series
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
In this Mini Series we will discuss the main topics related to radiography that are important for veterinary nurses working in small animal practice.
- Join Sergio Guilherme LMV MRCVS for three 2-hour online sessions
- Packed with useful practical tips
- Comprehensive notes to downloaded
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- A whole year’s access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- Watch the recordings on your iPad!
Basic Principles of Radiography and Orthopaedic Radiography
- Find out what equipment you need to take good quality x-rays
- Learn how to prepare and restrain patients before taking x-rays
- The essentials of radiation safety
- Learn the basic principles of good radiographic technique
- Find out which views you need in different orthopaedic cases and learn how to take them – a step by step guide and useful practical tips
- Become familiar with the normal appearance of different joints and see examples of common orthopaedic diseases
Thoracic and Abdominal Radiography
- Learn the basics of interpretation of thoracic x-rays – recognise what is normal, identify different types of lung pattern and look for signs of heart disease
- Become familiar with particular thoracic diseases that require special nursing and anaesthesia care
- Discover how to obtain good quality abdominal x-rays
- Learn what is normal and become familiar with common radiographic signs of abdominal disease
Radiographic Contrast Studies
- The types of contrast media available and general principles of preparation of patients
- Learn how to do a barium swallow and a gastrointestinal series and discuss the indications and contra-indications for this type of studies
- The general principles regarding genito-urinary contrast studies
- Find out how to do an intra-venous urography study and become familiarised with its indications and contra-indications
- Learn when and how you should do a lower urinary contrast study – cystography and urethrography
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
Overseas customers will be charged VAT. However we will refund the VAT to you within 3 working days.
Course Feedback :
“I found the way things were described very easy to follow, giving me a lot more confidence in taking radiographs.”
“Will help me in practice with better positioning. I will also make more use of contrast media.”
“This course will help a lot as I work nights so sometimes need to take xrays in emergency situations with fewer staff to assist with positioning or interpreting issues whilst awaiting vets, to relay to them en route.”
If you would prefer to reserve your place for 7 days whilst you arrange payment or check your commitments then click here