MS135 – Hotter Topics in Feline Medicine-Challenging Cases for Advanced Practitioners Mini-Series
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
This series of webinars will be built around real, if sometimes rather complicated, cases. We will cover a number of areas of Feline Medicine in some depth, ranging from respiratory medicine, to infectious diseases (including common and less well recognised conditions), hypercalcaemia (and how different it is in cats compared to dogs), acute and chronic kidney disease (including medical management plus the use of ureteral stents and subcutaneous ureteral bypass systems), and finish with a detailed look at cases of feline lower urinary tract disease. We will be discussing the established and newly emerging causes of these clinical presentations, practical and advanced methods of diagnosis, plus traditional and newly developing management options.
- Join Danielle Gunn-Moore BSc(Hons), BVM&S PhD FHEA MANZCVS MRCVS, RCVS Specialist in Feline Medicine for three 2-hour online sessions
- Comprehensive notes to downloaded
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- A whole year’s access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- Watch the recordings on your iPad!
Dyspnoea and Coughing
What you’ll learn:
- A new look at emerging infectious causes of coughing and dyspnoea – including cow pox virus, Mycoplasma spp., Bordetella bronchiseptica, Neisseria spp.(EF4), Salmonella spp., Mycobacterium bovis and Mycobacterium microti, Streptococcus equi subspecies zooepidemicus, Toxoplasma gondii, Aelurostrongylus abstrusus and Capillaria aerophila (aka Eucoleus aerophilus).
- Potential causes of hypercalcaemia and coughing … including tuberculosis, neoplasia …
- How best to approach respiratory cases, from chronic coughing due to asthma with secondary Mycoplasma gatti infection to dyspnoea associated with necrotising pneumonia.
Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease
What you’ll learn:
- Practical approach to complicated cases of chronic kidney disease, how best to diagnosis all of the complicating interacting physiological changes, and how to prioritise their management.
- Discussion will include the importance of renal diets and how to maintain adequate calorie and fluid intake, the importance of recognising and treating proteinuria (angiotensin receptor blockers [ARB] or angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors [ACE-I]?), hypertension (amlodipine or even ARB?), urinary tract infections (which can even present as dementia), anaemia, and acidosis.
- The use of ureteral stents and subcutaneous ureteral bypass systems in the treatment of ureteral obstruction.
Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease
What you’ll learn:
- Consider the causes of feline lower urinary tract disease, from feline idiopathic cystitis (FIC), through urethral plugs, to bladder stones, urinary tract infections (including complex resistant strains), bladder diverticula, transitional cell carcinomas, and even malakoplakia.
- Discuss the practical approach to unblocking a cat with urethral obstruction – from calcium verses glucose to resolve the effects of hyperkalaemia, to the importance of rectal examination and aseptic preparation, to selection of indwelling catheters.
- The importance of a full behavioural consultation when dealing with a case of FIC.
- How to determine the number of groups of cats in a multi-cat household so the cats’ key resources can be supplied most appropriately to enable resolution of FIC.
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
*overseas customers will not be charged VAT
Course Feedback :
“Danielle is THE best speaker ever. She held my attention and interest throughout the entire 6 hours and I have taken away so many useful tips despite thinking I was pretty clued up! ”
“So much useful practical information. I really appreciate practical real life – not in the textbooks- advice.”
“The content of the Mini Series will definitely change my approach to many different issues we face in practice, more equipped to deal with FIC in particular which is such a common issue.”
If you would prefer to reserve your place for 7 days whilst you arrange payment or check your commitments then click here