MS173 Rabbit Nursing: Anaesthesia and Critical Care Mini Series
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
- Join BVetMed DZooMed MRCVS Molly Varga for three 2-hour online sessions
- Comprehensive notes to downloaded
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- A whole year’s access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- Watch the recordings on your iPad!
Pre-operative assessment and stabilisation
This session will cover how a patient is assessed and stabilised prior to anaesthesia. Applicable both to elective and emergent patients, clinical parameters, baseline measurements and pre-GA blood work will be considered in detail. Following on from this, methods of stabilisation such as fluid therapy, supported nutrition and analgesia will be covered.
What you’ll learn:
- The attendee will be able to gather accurate baseline clinical data
- The attendee will be familiar with methods of providing fluid therapy and calculations for volumes to be administered.
- The attendee will be familiar with methods of providing supported nutrition and will be able to calculate calorie requirements
- The attendee will be familiar with signs of pain in rabbits
Anaesthesia- drugs and monitoring
This session will cover the drugs commonly used to anaesthetise rabbits. We will also look at methods of securing the airway as well as anaesthetic monitoring. The pros and cons of various electronic monitoring methods will be considered.
What you’ll learn:
- The attendee will be familiar with drugs commonly used in rabbit anaesthetics
- The attendee will become familiar with the changes to clinical parameters caused by common anaesthetic drugs
- The attendee will understand the limitations of the monitoring equipment
- The attendee will understand when intervention is required during an anaesthetic when clinical parameters vary from what is expected
Critical Care- repeat evaluations, trends and nursing care plans
This session will cover care of critically ill in-patients. It will include repeat monitoring, and trends expected during recovery or deterioration. The application of some of the diagnostic and monitoring methods already discussed to long term patients will be addressed. The application of nursing care plans to our rabbit patients will be considered.
What you’ll learn:
- The attendee will understand how familiar methods of gaining clinical data and monitoring can be applied to our long term patients
- The attendee will understand how to evaluate whether a rabbit patient is improving or deteriorating in terms of various functions.
- The attendee will be confident in constructing appropriate nursing care plans for a variety of rabbit patients.
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
“This is the second online Mini Series I have done, and I have found both so convenient and flexible as they allow me to work around my small children.”
“I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. It’s much easier to do the webinars when I have quiet time at home or in practice.”
If you would prefer to reserve your place for 7 days whilst you arrange payment or check your commitments then click here
Overseas customers will be charged VAT. However we will refund the VAT to you within 3 working days.