MS199- Management of Osteoarthritis in Small Animals
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
- Join Pilar Lafuente DVM, PhD, ACVS/ECVS ACVSMR for three 2-hour online sessions
- Comprehensive notes to downloaded
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- A whole year’s access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- Watch the recordings on your iPad!
What is osteoarthritis and how do we assess it?
In the first session, we will focus on initial examination and approach to the osteoarthritic patient. We will cover the pathophysiology of osteoarthritis and chronic pain, its clinical signs and the diagnostic techniques we can use. We will also talk about ways of assessing pain in osteoarthritic patients and evaluating their quality of life.
What you’ll learn:
- The pathophysiology and clinical signs of osteoarthritis
- The differences between acute and chronic pain, and their effects on our patients
- How to use different diagnostic tools in the investigation of degenerative joint disease
- The different types of questionnaires and tools we have to assess the quality of life of our patients
Management of OA in small animals: it is not only drugs. New horizons with regenerative medicine
In the second session, our attention will be centered on the management of osteoarthritis, including pharmaceutical treatment, joint supplements, weight management, and regenerative medicine. We will discuss the evidence available regarding the application of platelet rich plasma or stem cell therapy in the management of osteoarthritis.
What you’ll learn:
- Which drugs do we have available to treat chronic pain in our patients.
- Types of joint supplements/nutraceuticals and their effects in the joint.
- The evidence behind the use of regenerative medicine, including platelet rich plasma and stem cell therapy, in the management of osteoarthritis.
- Types, indications and contraindications of regenerative medicine.
Physiotherapy and rehabilitation in animals with osteoarthritis
In the third session, we will continue immersing on the long-term management of osteoarthritic patients, but this time focusing on the use of physiotherapy and rehabilitation to improve the clinical signs and quality of life of these patients.
What you’ll learn:
- The physiotherapy techniques we can use in the management of patient with osteoarthritis, their effects, indications and contraindications.
- The importance of establishing a rehabilitation protocol to improve the quality of life and functionality of osteoarthritic patients.
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
*Overseas customers will be charged VAT. However we will refund the VAT to you within 3 working days.
Course Feedback :
“The videos were informative – it was great watching at home. I liked the quiz afterwards.”
“Beyond expectations, and can’t believe I haven’t done anything like this before! Immeasurably, this will help me in practice to have a more structured approach and feel like I am improving my methods.”
“The content of the Mini Series will help me to explore multimodal approaches to managing OA cases and gives plenty of options for different methods to use. It will also help me to improve my orthopaedic post-operative care plans.”
If you would prefer to reserve your place for 7 days whilst you arrange payment or check your commitments then click here