MS221 – Diagnostic cytology: Skin lumps and bumps
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
- Join Kostas Papasouliotis DVM PhD DipECVCP MRCVS for three 2-hour online sessions
- Comprehensive notes to downloaded
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- A whole year’s access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- Watch the recordings on your iPad!
Smears, stains and the microscope
The aim of this session is to provide knowledge and practical tips regarding the preparation of cytology smears and use of the microscope
What you’ll learn:
- How to prepare and maximise the quality of smears for cytological examination
- A systematic approach to examination of cytology smears
- Develop a logical step by step approach for examining cytology smears
Cytological findings and diagnoses
The aim of this session is to develop the microscopy skills and improve confidence in the diagnosis of inflammatory, non-neoplastic and neoplastic skin lesions
What you’ll learn:
- How to identify inflammatory cells and differentiate bacterial infection from other types of infection
- How to identify the cells and recognise the findings that are indicative of common non-neoplastic skin lesions such as follicular/epidermal cysts
- How to identify the origin of tissue cells and diagnose skin neoplasms
- Recognise the morphological appearance of benign and malignant neoplastic cells
From the class to the in-clinic lab
During this session will put in use the knowledge acquired from the previous two sessions by presenting and discussing clinical cases.
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
Overseas customers will be charged VAT. However we will refund the VAT to you within 3 working days
Course Feedback :
“The material was well explained and there were lots of very useful examples.”
“I enjoyed it and enjoyed being able to do at my own pace. The content of the course is really good.”
If you would prefer to reserve your place for 7 days whilst you arrange payment or check your commitments then click here