MS235S – Advanced Imaging for General Practice
Join RCVS and EBVS European Specialist in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging Andrew Parry for three 2-hour sessions. Includes 12 months access to all of your course materials.
- Join Andrew Parry MA VetMB CertVDI DipECVDI FRCVS for three 2-hour online sessions
- This course is designed for all those general practitioners in practice that have an interest in diagnostic imaging and wish to further their knowledge and hone their imaging skills. This entirely on line course is composed of three two-hour webinars that will cover some of the more complex aspects of diagnostic imaging in veterinary practice:
- Comprehensive notes to downloaded
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- A whole year’s access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points (and in case you miss a live session!)
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- Watch the the recordings on your iPad!
- This Mini-Series was first broadcast June 2021
Challenging radiology: A case-based approach to more difficult thoracic, abdominal and musculoskeletal radiology.
The first session of the course will take a more detailed look at radiological interpretation of the thorax, abdomen and musculoskeletal systems. We will dwell on the more complex aspects of radiology of these systems and how we can try to simplify radiological interpretation by improving radiographic technique. For the abdomen, we shall also discuss acquisition and interpretation of some of the more complex contrast studies and when contrast may be a useful adjunct to your radiological assessment of a patient. For the thorax, we will spend some time discussing elusive lung patterns and formulate top tips on interpreting lung patterns. The objective will be for you to leave this session with increased confidence in your radiological interpretation.
What you’ll learn:
- Learn how improving radiographic technique can turn complex cases in to simple ones.
- Define tip tips for interpretation of more complex thoracic radiographs
- Learn when contrast agents are your friends.
- Discuss approaches to interpreting musculoskeletal radiological signs.
- Improve confidence in radiological interpretation of the thorax, abdomen and musculoskeletal systems.
Advanced abdominal ultrasound: Examination of challenging organs and an introduction to vascular ultrasound.
The second session will delve into more challenging abdominal ultrasonographic cases. We will discuss a vascular approach to ultrasound, biopsy techniques and ultrasound of smaller more difficult structures, as well as building on approaches to larger parenchymal organs and how to examine these organs in entirety, where possible.
What you’ll learn:
- Reinforce approach to abdominal ultrasound.
- Discuss approach to smaller, more complex structures.
- Discuss a vascular approach to abdominal ultrasound.
- Discuss biopsy and fine needle aspiration techniques.
An introduction to CT and MRI: Where does radiology stop and cross-sectional imaging start?
The use of MRI and CT in general practice has increased dramatically. Consequently, there is a larger requirement to understand the usefulness of CT and MRI and what cases are more likely to benefit from a CT or MRI examination. It is important to understand the differences between the two modalities so that decisions as to what imaging to use can be made. We will discuss the advantages, and importantly, the limitations of CT and MRI for use in general practice. We will understand the physics behind these modalities, how to set up the machines for imaging, patient positioning and set up, as well as imaging algorithms, sequences and use of contrast. Time will be spent understanding imaging artefacts and how to avoid them.
What you’ll learn:
- How to run a CT and MRI scanner
- Use and limitations of CT and MRI
- How to avoid CT and MRI artefacts
- How to select cases for MRI and CT
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
*overseas customers will not be charged VAT