MS275 – Dealing with the Emergency Presentation
Join Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care specialist Duana McBride for three 2-hour sessions. Includes 12 months access to all of your course materials.
- Join Duana McBride BVSc DipACVECC DipECVECC MVMedSc FHEA MRCVS for three 2-hour online sessions
- Comprehensive notes to downloaded
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- A whole year’s access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points (and in case you miss a live session!)
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- Watch the live events or the recordings on your iPad!
- This mini series will develop skills and confidence for nurses of all experiences in managing the most common emergencies. We will take you step by step through triaging the emergency patient, breaking things down to three major body systems – the cardiovascular, respiratory and neurological. There will be a large focus on the monitoring and nursing care of recumbent patients, ensuring safety and welfare to our patients.
Session 1: Friday 12th January 2024 12pm-2pm (UK time)
Shock and cardiovascular emergencies
- Triaging the emergency patient – prioritisation and stabilisation
- How to quickly identify shock in dogs and cats (and cats are not small dogs)
- Emergency stabilisation of patients in shock
- Principles of fluid therapy, ensuring safety first to the patient
- Monitoring the patient in shock
- Respiratory assessment – physical examination and beyond
- Identify the appropriate mode of oxygen delivery
- When to intubate and ventilate?
- Walk through common respiratory emergencies
- Common respiratory procedures
Neurological emergencies and the recumbent patient
- Stabilisation of the seizuring patient
- How to safely manage spinal emergencies
- Monitoring the recumbent patient
- Nursing care of the recumbent patient
- Applying Kirby’s rule of 20 to the recumbent patient
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
*overseas customers will not be charged VAT