MS284 – Feline Behaviour (Nurses)
Join Certificated Clinical Animal Behaviourist Clare Wilson for three 2-hour sessions. Includes 12 months access to all of your course materials.
- Join Clare Wilson MA VetMB CCAB DipCABC MRCVS for three 2-hour online sessions and make life easier for you and your feline patients!
- Comprehensive notes to downloaded
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- A whole year’s access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points (and in case you miss a live session!)
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- Watch the live events or the recordings on your iPad!
Session 1: Monday 4th November
Feline Ethology and Behavioural Development
- The history of domestication of the cat as an underlying basis for understanding behaviour of the modern domestic feline
- Understanding normal cat behaviour and how this can conflict with the domestic environment
- Behavioural development including the critical and sensitive periods
- Social behaviour and communication
- Genetic influences on normal behaviour
Environmental and Social Influences on Feline Behaviour
- Feline Friendly practice. Focusing on applying the knowledge of normal feline behaviour to the context of general practice so as to reduce stress for patients and staff
- Causes of stress in felines
- Visits to the surgery
- Preventative advice
Medical Influences on Feline Behaviour
- Important medical issues that can present with behavioural signs
- Focus on Feline Idiopathic Cystitis and Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome
- Conditions to consider prior to making a behavioural referral and the importance of the vet-behaviourist relationship
- Case study of a housesoiling case to illustrate medical issues affecting behaviour
- Some brief notes on the role of behaviour in obesity and pain in the delegate handout
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
*Overseas customers will be charged VAT. However we will refund the VAT to you within 3 working days.