MS123 – Head and Neck Surgery Mini Series
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
- Join Terry Emmerson MA VetMB CertSAS DipECVS MRCVS for three 2-hour online sessions and increase your confidence with patients requiring head and neck surgery in your practice
- Comprehensive notes to downloaded
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- A whole year’s access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- Watch the recordings on your PC, Smartphone or iPad
Ear problems are very common in practice and although many can be managed medically, some ear problems will benefit from surgery or can only be resolved with surgical intervention. This session will help you to choose patients suitable for surgical management and select the appropriate procedure. The procedures will be discussed in detail with practical tips on how to perform them and minimise complications.
What you’ll learn:
- Understand when surgical management of ear disease is appropriate
- Understand how to select which ear surgery is appropriate for a patient
- How to perform lateral wall resections, vertical canal ablations and total ear canal ablations
- How to minimise and manage complications related to these procedures
- Understand the biology and management of cancers of the ear canal
Upper Airway Surgery
Upper airway problems are common in certain breeds of dogs and can be life threatening. Surgery can significantly improve quality of life for many patients. Patients with upper airway problems can be high risk patients both pre and post operatively. This session will help you to understand and manage upper airway problems in practice.
What you’ll learn:
- How to stabilise a patient with upper airway obstruction
- How to place and manage a tracheostomy tube
- Understand BOAS and its surgical management
- How to perform an arytenoid lateralisation for laryngeal paralysis
- How to prevent and manage complications of upper airway surgery
Surgery for Tumours of the Neck and Head
Tumours of the head and neck are relatively common and are often best managed by surgical resection. However the anatomy of the head is complex and both resection and reconstruction can be challenging. This session will help you to understand how to perform these surgeries with practical hints and tips.
What you’ll learn:
- Understand the biological behaviour of tumours of the oral cavity
- Understand decision-making in the treatment of oral cancers
- How to perform mandibulectomy and maxillectomy procedures
- Understand the principle of cancer resection and reconstructive procedures including subdermal plexus and axial pattern flaps
- How to reconstruct defects of the skin and oral cavity following tumour resections of the head
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
Course Feedback :
“I will now be able to explain in bigger detail these surgical options to clients and provide them better counselling.”
“We see a lot of cases of recurrent otitis. I now have a better grasp of how surgery will help medical management.”
“The breed considerations was helpful as aside from brachycephalic breeds, I was unaware of some of the breed considerations. The anaesthesia considerations in general was very helpful.”
If you would prefer to reserve your place for 7 days whilst you arrange payment or check your commitments then click here