MS146 – The Challenging Rehab Patient Mini-Series – Nurses
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
- Join Helen Fentem-Jones Cat A ACPAT, MCSP. MSc Veterinary Physiotherapy, MSc Physiotherapy for three 2-hour online sessions
- Comprehensive notes to downloaded
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- A whole year’s access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- Watch the recordings on your iPad!
Physiotherapy assessment and introduction to physiotherapy treatment strategies
Physiotherapy is the treatment of injury, illness and dysfunction using hands on physical treatment strategies. For treatment to be effect it is essential that a good physiotherapy assessment process is undertaken prior to any treatment, this enables the therapist to determine a problem list to direct the clinical reasoning process and the choice of appropriate treatment strategies. In this session we will cover the assessment process specific to physiotherapy, followed by a brief introduction to some of the treatment strategies available to the physiotherapist.
What you’ll learn:
- An understanding of what physiotherapy is, the different components involved in physiotherapy and why physiotherapy is important for the small animal patient
- How to carry out a basic assessment of the small animal patient, and begin to develop problem lists and goals from this assessment
- How to document assessment findings in an appropriate format
- Begin to develop an understanding of the different physiotherapy treatment strategies available
Physiotherapy in more depth
There are a number of different treatment strategies available to the physiotherapist to assist in the management of pain, tissue healing and movement dysfunction, these include; movement therapies, soft tissue techniques, electrophysical therapies and water based therapies. In this session we will look at the different categories of treatments, how they effect our patients physiologically and the best way to apply them.
What you’ll learn:
- An understanding of the different types of physiotherapy treatment strategies available for use for the small animal patient
- A understanding of the principles and techniques behind different treatment strategies
- When and how to apply different treatments
- To understand the principles of exercise prescription
The complex Physiotherapy patient, how to treat, some case studies
Not all physiotherapy patients are simple and straightforward. This session will consider some of the more complex issues the physiotherapist may face, including the complex orthopaedic patient and the complex neurological patient. We will also take a look at how physiotherapy can assist in the treatment of respiratory issues.
What you’ll learn:
- An understanding of the principles behind therapeutic management of the complex small animal patient, in different clinical environments
- To be able to assess and implement appropriate therapeutic treatment strategies for the respiratory patient
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
“I like the fact that you can download the information and having it next to me whilst watching the recordings is really helpful. Very informative”
“I feel I can use this to help asses patients and use the right therapy for them”
Overseas customers will be charged VAT. However we will refund the VAT to you within 3 working days.