MSP126 – Exploring Patellofemoral Pain (Online Mini Series)
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
- Packed with plenty of easy to implement practical tips from highly experienced tutor, Claire Robertson
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money – you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
Assessment and Treatment of Patellofemoral Pain – Top Tips to Change Your Practice Tomorrow
This session taps into Claire’s vast clinical experience with patellofemoral pain. She understands the pressures of half hour/45 minute appointments where you have to assess and come up with an initial treatment plan. This seminar is designed at helping you, the clinician with lots of handy tips to work out how to prioritise during your assessment and treatment planning.
The seminar is full of easy to implement clinical nuggets that will easily change your practice the next day. Assessment and treatment strategies that require little or no equipment are covered so that they can be implemented in any setting and home programmes can be given.
Although the strategies are simple, clinical reasoning and evidence underpin the whole seminar.
What you’ll learn:
• How to explain the aetiology of pain in PFP
• How to use your subjective examination to signpost your objective
• How to plan a reasoned treatment strategy and confidently give out no more than 3 exercises at once for a targeted effect
Myth Busting in Patellofemoral Pain – Feel Confident with Your Practice
Over the years lots of urban myths have built up around the patellofemoral joint. For example, is there really a vmo, and is tape doing anything? This session explores these myths and gives evidenced, reasoned arguments for agreeing with, or dispelling the myths. You may be surprised!
This seminar will give you, the clinician more confidence about the theory that underpins your practice. You should feel more confident to discuss topics with other clinicians, with the knowledge that you are evidence based.
What you’ll learn:
• How to confidently discuss the vmo anatomy, recruitment and current theories on dysfunction
• How to discuss current theories on the use of tape in treatment of patellofemoral pain
• How to discuss the infrapatellar fat pad and all its weird and wonderful features
• How to understand the anatomy of the ITB and what we are doing when we treat it
Patellofemoral Latest Research – Making Sense of It and Evolving Practice
There is an extraordinary plethora of literature around the patellofemoral joint. Making sense of it can be very daunting! Let Claire do this for you. Claire is right up to date with all the literature, and is also fully aware of work completed but not yet published, from her recent attendance at the bi-annual Patellofemoral Research Retreat. Claire is also a grounded clinician who understands the difficulties that clinicians face in disseminating research. With her dual clinician and researcher hats on she will highlight key emerging areas in the literature and explain how it can help evolve your practice. She will also highlight to you areas that are emerging that will be worth keeping an eye out for in the future.
What you’ll learn:
• How to highlight key literature regarding…
o Patellofemoral morphology
o Patellofemoral Osteoarthritis
o Infrapatellar Fat pad
o Treating Runners
o Quadriceps Loading
o Adolescent Patellofemoral Pain
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
Overseas customers will be charged VAT. However we will refund the VAT to you within 3 working days.